JOHN CHOW the Dot Com Mogul

Every start of the month, I would write about successful netrepreneur who earns bigtime online. This is to inspire me to work harder on my moneymaking journey. I already have started with Ashley Qualls who earns a stagerring $70,000 a month from adsense - surely one lucky 17 year old girl! Where was I when I was 17???

Anyways, my second moneymaker is JOHN CHOW. He's a self-confessed dot com mogul who first built The Tech Zone in 1999, a strong venture for hardware news and reviews. He built another one, the TTZ Media Network, a private shopping network for high quality technology based content sites. This is currently his biggest source of income, though of course, he didn't reveal how much he earns from TTZ.

His other website, John Chow Dot Com, is a haven full of ideas of how to monetize your website, increase traffic and pagerank, and build a successful online business. JohnChowdotcom's catchword is - I make money online by telling people how much money I make online. Hence, he periodically reports his online earnings and for 2007, this site earned a total of $180,305.94.

What amazes me is that, as I am so agog over my Google Adsense clicks and meager cent earnings (like every novice bloggers like me), surprisingly he's not a big fan of Adsense. This is not his biggest income source, and according to his post, it accounts for just 17% of his online income. If you look at his 11 months income graphs, you'll see that he is not a big Adsense earner. His biggest Adsense earning is only $1,246.50 for the month of May (just read somewhere John Chow and Google had an issue - don't have any idea about that, just confused why he doesn't have any google earnings after August?).

Anyways, his top earners are private ad sales, affiliate income, and Review Me, for which John is now charging $450 per blog review!!! Wow, after I have enough money to buy my own domain for dollarsonline, how I wish John would do a review of my site someday - for free! LOLS! For 2008, he's projecting his income for JohnChowdotcom alone to be $300,000 (at the minimum!) in 2008. Now I am drooling, hehe.

Anyways, another reason why I got hooked on his site is because it's not purely about money talks. He mixes the site with his personal ramblings, his love for cars (so obvious on his frontpage!), humor and fun. He's also generous to his readers and newbie bloggers (hopefully to me, too.hehe). He already gave away so far, a miniTV USB, lots of linkbacks (equals much needed exposure for bloggers!), and now he's giving away a Ruff PC worth $5,295! Since he won recently the contest for the best Ruff PC Review, John in return would pick a blogger who voted for him and would instead give the Ruff PC to that lucky one (plus free exposure, of course!). Congratulations John for the good heart, for sure good karma that will come to you. And of course, congratulations, too, to the winner he's going to pick. Darn, why I did I procrastinate about joining John's voting contest? Hmm, lesson learned.

For a newbie blogger like me, who wants to learn how to monetize a blog, John Chow dot Com is definitely a must-read. I am so glad I have subscribed to his RSS, I am now learning a thing or two on how to improve my new site (and hopefully get my own domain - soon!). But for now, I will use John's site as my online money-making "bible", and I am going to start exploring his site again by reading this post, Reward Every Success No Matter How Small - a must-see for new bloggers like me!

Come on, let's start learning and from the dot com mogul JOHN CHOW!

1 comments:

  Mary

January 17, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Hi,
very informative I will keep reading. Thanks